Everyone's health is a top priority in these challenging times. Therefore, the Austrian Federal Government has imposed a lockdown to contain and spread the coronavirus. This lockdown has been lifted for vaccinated and recovered persons (2G proof) on 12th & 17th December respectively.
- Trade, cultural & sporting establishments - open since Sunday, 12th December and Monday, 13th December 2021
- Catering and accommodation establishments - open since Friday, 17th December 2021.
- There is still a lockdown for people who do NOT have 2G proof (vaccinated or recovered).
With the SalzburgerLand GUIDE, we give you an overview of all the safety measures which taken to ensure that you have a safe winter holiday from the opening of accommodation establishments.
Stricter entry rules - classification as a virus variant area
From 25th December 2021, the UK, Netherlands, Norway and Denmark will be classified as virus variant areas.
- A holiday by travellers from these areas is only possible to a very limited extent.
- Mandatory registration via the Pre-Travel-Clearance-Form and immediate start of a 10-day quarantine - free testing is possible after five days at the earliest with a PCR test. The day of entry is regarded as "day zero".
- People who have been vaccinated three times are exempt from quarantine if they have a negative PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old. Perons who have been vaccinated twice with Johnson & Johnson may also enter the country without quarantine if they present a negative PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old.
- Information sozialministerium.at
Holiday Ninja Pass for children between 12 and 15 years
The „Holiday Ninja Pass“ test system is equivalent to the 2-G certificate and is therefore also valid as an entry certificate for the restaurant, cinema and cable cars (ski lifts). After completing the ninth year of school, young people must also have a 2-G certificate. For children between 12 and 15 years of age without a complete vaccination or proof of recovery, the „Holiday Ninja Pass“ is equivalent to a 2-G certificate if:
- There is always a valid negative test evidence form day 1 to day 5 (validity period of tests for children: for antigen tests 48 hours, for PCR tests 72 hours);
- 2 PCR test results are available in the time period
- All official test certificates are attached to the Holiday Ninja Pass in paper or digital form and a valid photo ID is carried.
How does the Holiday Ninja Pass work?
- You can find the instructions here.
- The Holiday Ninja Pass is available for download here.