Short Story - Piesendorf

The varlets settlement at the Naglköpfl

1200-500 B.C.: Varlets settlement at the Naglköpfl (Illyrians from the Balkans)
400 B.C.:
Settlement of the Celts - tribe of the Taurisker, Ambisonten and Wangionen
14 B.C.:
The Romans invaded the Kingdom of Noricum. Lived 500 years peacefully eith the Celts in Walchen (Walchen or Walsche = stranger).
600 A.C.:
Entry of the Bavarians - Supremacy of the Bavarians until 1228.
745 A.C.:
Beginning of Christianization
8th - 12th century.:
„Lords of Pinzgowe" - The Pinzgau noble family probably resided on Hochbürgl. The inn Mitterwirt with his original name "Wisinthof" dates back to the 7th century.

Puosendorf

1147: Puosendorf - first documentary mention of Piesendorf.
1160:
Construction of the first Walcher castle - arcestral seat of the "Lords of Walchen". Today there are only remains of walls left.
1228:
The Pinzgau comes to Salzburg - the birth of today's country Salzburg
1270-1284:
Prince Archbishop Friedrich II. from Walchen (the only archbishop from Salzburg) supported King Rudolf from Habsburg and he helped the Habsburgs to rule Austria for 650 years. 

In mining Klucken

1510: Sulphur and copper pyrites are mined in "Klucken" mining (until 1853)
1526:
Rebellious peasants destroyed the Walcher Castle - it was never rebuilt again.
1608:
Construction of the present Walch church
1678:
Capuchin priest Jud broke a lance against the burning of witches - especially children.
1716:
Construction of the present Aufhausen church.
1721:
Beginning of uninterrupted schooling (parish school).
1732-1743:
Expulsion of the Protestants (16 Piesendorfers had to leave their homeland).

The End of Spiritual Dominion

1803: The end of spiritual rule - prince archbishop wasn't longer a worldly ruler, but only a Christian ruler
1803-1805:
Salzburg secularized and became an electorate of the Lords of Tuscany.
1810-1816:
In the peace of Schönbrunn Salzburg was left to the kingdom of Bavaria.
1816:
The country Salzburg finally comes to Austria and was administered by Linz until 1848.
1848:
Revolution - abolition of the subservience of the peasants to the lords of the manor.
1850:
Construction of the Pinzgauer Imperial A-road.

Construction of the Chinese city by Sebastian Perfeller

1866-1883: Construction of the Chinese city by Sebastian Perfeller in the Fürther moat.
1869:
Installation of the first post office.
1870:
190 residential buildings, 150 farm houses and 27 messuages
1871:
Introduction of the Post horse corporate carriages (called omnibus) from Zell am See to Mittersill.
1880/81:
Construction of the first school building.
1890:
Trade: 7 innkeepers, 6 grocers, 2 bakers, 2 tailors, 4 shoemakers, 2 carpenters, 1 weaver, 2 wainwrights, 3 blacksmiths, 2 sawmills, 1 saddler, 6 millers, 1 watchmaker, 1 fur trader, 3 binders and 1 millwright. This stand hasn't changed significantly until 1952.
1898:
 Construction of the Pinzgauer local railway from Zell am See to Krimml

From the year 1914

1914: The first water pipes and elevated tanks were built.
1919:
First telephone service
1920:
Construction of the first electrical plant by Hans Huber, the old farmer from the Jud farm.
1924:
Introduction of the broadcasting service
1929:
The fire brigade purchased the first portable motor pump with 18 HP
1955:
 Start of the development of tourism as the most important economic sector.
 

This website uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalized service. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies.